Full-stack mobile developer (PHP, Java, ObjectiveC)
Roundr is a unique and newly-released Proptech mobile application for estate agents which allows them to link with their sellers and other agents for efficient scheduling and feedback, among other functions. We are a young and dynamic business situated in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town.
We are looking for a skilled full-stack mobile developer (PHP, Java, ObjectiveC) who has the capacity and potential to possibly step into the role of CTO for the business in the future.
Roundr has been formally endorsed by some local industry entities and is poised for aggressive growth in 2019. Our technology is also applicable in international markets, which we aim to pursue in the near future.
We currently work with a developer team based in India and are looking to transition to an in-house team.
Initially, the candidate will be required to develop mostly on our back-end as well as create and modify our Android and iOS mobile applications (alongside the Indian team when necessary), with responsibility being transferred over time until all development is being undertaken and completed in South Africa.
The ideal candidate is knowledgeable and skilled in PHP, Java, and ObjectiveC and comfortable with AWS hosting platform and bitbucket. Importantly, the ideal candidate is able to effectively self-manage to an extent and is willing and able to upskill themselves.
Along with the applicable technical skills, the ideal candidate is ambitious and driven, forward thinking and has the ability to take initiative and problem-solve.
Communication and teamwork skills should be good as the candidate will need to work alongside the current team and give instructions to them.
Ability to advise on options and solutions for the tech side of the business is a must.
We are pretty rad employers (we think), and are offering the right candidate an opportunity to flex their skills without being micro-managed in an environment with the potential for massive personal growth.
Software Developer Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to consistently produce clean, efficient code based on our specification.
- Ability to integrate third-party programs to meet specifications.
- Reliability and proficiency in verifying and deploying programs and systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software.
- Collaborative mindset and willingness to recommend and execute improvements.
- Commitment to optimization and accountability evident in creating technical documentation for reference and reporting.
Software Developer Requirements and Qualifications
- Qualification in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Extensive experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment.
- Experience with continuous integration / testing automation.
- Solid knowledge of coding languages: PHP, Java, ObjectiveC.
- Experience working on Amazon Web Services hosting platform.
- Ability and willingness to learn new languages and technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Market-related salary depending on experience. Stock options negotiable.
Based in Southern Suburbs / Potential to work remotely.
If you think you have what it takes, please send us an email with a bit about yourself, as well as your CV to email@example.com